5 Common Diet Myths that Prevent Weight loss


Is your fitness goal weight loss? If you are not getting the desired results, there are high chances that you are following some of these 5 myths. This is a common myth where people believe that a low fat diet promotes weight loss. Experts recommend that one third of total calories should come from fats. Now, when I say fats I mean Healthy Fats viz. Fats are essential for our body for energy, tissue repair, for transfer of vitamins like A,D,E and K. We should cut down on saturated fat intake.

Not more than 7 percent of the total calories should come from saturated fats. Crash dieting may seem to help in the short term but in the long term your weight will increase. Crash dieting removes not just the fat but also lean muscle mass and tissues. Moreover, crash dieting reduces Basal Metabolic Rate. BMR is the rate at which the body uses calories for its basic functioning. So, crash diets in the long run are bad for health. Let us talk about packaged foods. If the label says it’s low fat, that does not mean it will have less calories.

This is a marketing gimmick. Even though the label says low fat, it is loaded with extra sugars, flavors, synthetic materials, preservatives etc to enhance the taste and texture. So, these extra sugars later convert into fat. Moreover, these synthetic substances are very unhealthy. So next time when you buy such low fat products, check thoroughly what all is added in it. You may have heard people say that if you are exercising, you can eat as much as you want. If you are exercising, that is really good. But it is serving only 20 percent of the whole process. Remaining 80 percent depends upon the food you eat. Unless we eat healthy, our body will not produce results. I don’t mean to say that there is no need to workout. My point is that diet is much more important. This happens so many times…. This is a common myth. Whatever may be your fitness goal, it is most important to have a healthy and balanced diet.

If you are eating only salads, then the body is getting only vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates. Besides these, it is essential to consume Proteins and Fats. Your body should get all the nutrients. Eating only salads is an incomplete diet. Checkout this video where I have discussed this topic in detail. Friends! these were the 5 myths that I feel people commonly have. I hope this article was helpful to you.

As found on YouTube